- Personalized bib (signup by 9/3)
- Participant Virtual Goodie Bag by Virtual Race Bags
- Personalized Bib Number with embedded timing chip
- Finisher’s Medal with detachable charm
- “Chocolate Mile” by Sanders Fine Chocolates
- Special finisher’s gift from Marlee’s by Trapper’s for ALL finishers
- Refreshments after finishing
- Cheers from family, friends, volunteers, and spectators
- Post race photos
The first 1000 registered half marathon runner’s will also receive a custom designed 13.1 Hoo-Rag (“buff”) at packet pick up. What is a hoo-rag? Read all about it!
We believe your race experience and those around you will be greatly enhanced by leaving the headphones at home or in the car. Running headphone-free allows opportunities to develop camaraderie with your fellow runners and to enjoy everything the race has to offer. Plus, volunteers and spectators will be on course cheering you on and providing directions to help get you to the finish line. Runner safety has always been, and will continue to be, a top priority for our event. Please be mindful of the other participants and respect the race personnel to ensure a safe and enjoyable race for everyone.
Awards will be given to the top five female finishers in each age division for both the Half Marathon and 5k.
Age divisions are: 13 and under (5k only), 14-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80 and over.
As a reminder, your official time does not begin until you cross the start line. The timing system provides each participant with an accurate time from the start to finish lines.
Other Hotels in the Area:
The Detroit Women’s Half Marathon and 5k Expotique will be held at Cobo Hall on Saturday, September 20, 2014 from 10 am – 4 pm.